The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

black & white menubar icon? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi all!

Anybody know how to make the omnifocus menubar icon purely black & white?

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorsten View Post
Thanks so much! So I do have replacement icons, but where in omnifocus' resource folder are the images?

Thanks again!

Isn't the default menu bar icon B&W, changing to an orange or red number depending on due soon/overdue status? Just uncheck 'Overdue', 'Due Soon', and 'Flagged' in Preferences and you will get the OmniFocus B&W icon all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Jones View Post
Isn't the default menu bar icon B&W, changing to an orange or red number depending on due soon/overdue status? Just uncheck 'Overdue', 'Due Soon', and 'Flagged' in Preferences and you will get the OmniFocus B&W icon all the time.
Not to be too annoying but then I can't see how many task I have left ... my goal is to change the background of the number from red (or yellow) to black (or white).

Every other menubar item is black&white so it sticks out!

My fault, read to fast, you search for menubar icons, not perspectives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicywaterhouse View Post
Not to be too annoying but then I can't see how many task I have left ... my goal is to change the background of the number from red (or yellow) to black (or white).

Every other menubar item is black&white so it sticks out!
**WARNING** - If you have setup custom styles under the Style Tab. Save these styles as a theme before proceeding by clicking the gear drop-down and selecting "Save Theme" and then choosing a location to save the file. All default styles can be reset by using the "Reset" button at the bottom of the Style Tab.

Changing the color for the status overlay in the menu bar icon is done by changing the style of the two Status-Based Styles; Due Soon and Overdue. Change to these styles effects the menu bar icon, dock icon, and items within the OmniFocus document. I am not sure if it is possible to set different colors for each location these Status-Based Styles are displayed.

Personally, I prefer the call to attention color in the menu bar creates as it usually denotes a task which does in fact need my attention. However, my workflow preferences are not how everyone works and that is the beauty of how OmniFocus can be customized. I do not know of a further way to customize the menu bar icon beyond what I have already mentioned. I hope this information answers your question or provides you with a possible solution to finding a balance of appropriate color styles to meet your needs.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	style_preferences.png
Views:	1261
Size:	148.7 KB
ID:	2475