The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Checkboxes Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm trying to figure out checkboxes. I've been able to add new checkbox columns okay, but I can't figure out what the default checkbox column called 'Status' does. It seems disabled and isn't visible.

Is there a way to create checkboxes on the left side of the outline (like the Mac version)?

Here's a screenshot of the 'Status' column I'm referring to:

Click for large view - Uploaded with Skitch

If you want a checkbox that corresponds to the checkbox you get by default with the default document template out of the box on the Mac, tap on the eyeball with a slash through it and it will become visible. However, you can't get it to hug the left side of the topic rows like it does on the Mac. You always have the topic column first, the status column next (though it may be hidden), followed by any other columns you've added.

Thank you, whpalmer4. Despite nearly carpet bombing that menu with my finger, it never occurred to me that I could tap the eyeball to make the Status column come alive. Exactly what I needed.

Well, if you'd read the page in the documentation (under the Omni button in the document chooser) labeled "The Columns Tool", it would have told you to "Tap the visibility button to toggle a column's visibility." though you'd be on your own for figuring out that the eyeball is the aforementioned visibility button :-)

Guys, are you talking about OF for iPad? I haven't seen this interface before!

Question about OO for iPad got asked in the wrong forum, undoubtedly by accident, but that didn't seem like a good reason why the answer shouldn't be provided. Usually an Omni employee will move the thread to the proper place when they notice it, but that hasn't happened for this one. There may be features in OF for iPad you haven't seen yet, but this isn't one of them :-)

Thread moved. :-)