The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Trouble Reordering Projects in Source List Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi, folks.
I've always enjoyed OmniFocus allowing me to arbitrarily order projects in the source list by dragging. However, recently I've run into an issue where I can't move projects at all. When I drag them lower in the list, they always end up at or near the top. Any idea what might cause this behavior?

Thanks for any thoughts/fixes!

'source list' = sidebar or content panel ?

Have you checked the various menu items listed by

Help > Search Sort

(especially, perhaps, View > Sorting > Unsorted )
?

--

Last edited by RobTrew; 2011-08-08 at 02:14 AM..

Hi, Rob.
I mean the sidebar.
I have tried the sorting options you mention but they only seem to apply to the content panel.

Here's a video that shows the issue in action: http://cl.ly/97pL

Any thoughts?

That's odd, and I don't recall ever having seen such behavior.

The Edit->Sort tools can be used on the sidebar; select a few projects/folders and invoke it. I'm curious if that also fails for you.

I assume you've tried quitting and relaunching OmniFocus? Probably contacting the support ninjas by phone would be a good next step. 800-315-OMNI or +1-206-523-4152.

For the curious, restarting OmniFocus fixed the issue.

The app has been so rock solid for me over the years I probably keep it running too long at a stretch and odd issues crop up. Glad to have my project reordering back!