The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How I save a perspective with AppleScript? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I want to save a perspective with my (focused) active projects. How can I save a perspective with AppleScript? I got as far as focusing my active projects:

Code:
tell application "OmniFocus"
	set oDoc to default document
	tell default document
		set active_projects to flattened projects where its status is active
		tell front document window
			set perspective name to "Active Projects"
			set focus of front document window of oDoc to active_projects
			-- HERE--> save perspective name to "Project List"
		end tell
	end tell
end tell

I don't believe you can directly create a perspective from Applescript, except by using GUI scripting, where you essentially tell the System Events process which menu items to select, buttons to click, etc.

What are you trying to do? Not sure I understand why you would want a perspective that focuses on your active projects — you could just make one that uses the sidebar filter to select only active projects and get the same effect, no? Is there something I'm missing, besides sleep? :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
I don't believe you can directly create a perspective from Applescript, except by using GUI scripting, where you essentially tell the System Events process which menu items to select, buttons to click, etc.

What are you trying to do? Not sure I understand why you would want a perspective that focuses on your active projects — you could just make one that uses the sidebar filter to select only active projects and get the same effect, no? Is there something I'm missing, besides sleep? :-)
Thanks, now I'm trying to use "click menu" to do this.

Yes, you can use the sidebar filter, but since I use projects inside folders, it'll show the folders as well. I want to have a simple list of projects.