The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

"clean up" name and icon are wack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I think the "clean up" button is a little wack. Here is why: A handheld broom makes me think of a dustpan. A dustpan makes me thing of a garbage bin. I hit "cleanup" and expect that completed tasks might be deleted forever.

I don't expect that the inbox will be "proccessed" into project & context folders. That action would be better described by a word like "filter" (already used) "folder the inbox" (awkward use of "folder as verb) or "process inbox" (lame).

Ok, okay, I don't have the answer, but I'm sure there is something better than "clean up" Or at least an Icon of a piece of paper going into a folder or something, instead of a visual connoting that things are on their way to the wastebasket.

Last edited by johnrover; 2007-06-15 at 06:59 PM..

"Process Inbox" would make the most sense to me.

I second the change to "Process Inbox" or maybe even just "Process" instead of "clean up"

I too was confused by the "clean up" button for quite a while.

I feel like "processing" is what I do to the tasks in the inbox.

What about "refresh"?

I agree, "Process" does bite a bit into the human part of the task, but technically it is part of processing, just the tail end part that a machine can do. When you process a paper GTD system, you have to write down all of these things from your Inbox as a part of processing. That is all the button is doing. Writing them down for you in the places you told it to place them.

what about "tidy up" instead of "clean up"

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbrown00
what about "tidy up" instead of "clean up"
best suggestion so far

*Quizzical look*

It is essentially the same thing. What confusion does that solve? Where I am from anyway, these two phrases mean the same thing.

When I "tidy up" my home. I'm taking all the books and magazines on the kitchen table and putting them back on a shelf where they belong. When I "clean up" the corn flakes I spilled on the floor, I'm putting them into the trash.

Interesting, I've always heard them used interchangeably, with the context being the important part. Must be a (sub-)cultural thing.