The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Archive script Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm wondering if anyone knows of a script that would do the following, or something close.

After selecting a project, run the script and the project and all its actions (regardless of status) are moved to another OF database. I'm not even sure you can maintain two databases, but I need a way to move completed or cancelled projects from the main db without losing their history.

The archiving feature doesn't work the way I need it to as it archives tasks, not entire projects. As a result, I get partially completed projects in the archive, on hold projects in the archive and projects without tasks in the archive. I would like more control over what gets moved and when.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. John

I'm not aware of a script that does it, but you can always open the archive database, drag the project in, and then delete the original in your 'real' database...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
I'm not aware of a script that does it, but you can always open the archive database, drag the project in, and then delete the original in your 'real' database...
A word of warning: you have to drag the project from the main panel, not the sidebar! Drag from the sidebar (at least in 1.7.5) and you'll just get the project header, and when you go to consult your archive at a later date, be left wondering where all the actions went...

I hope this is a bug (report filed), because it is rather surprising, very unfriendly, and not documented anywhere that I can see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
I hope this is a bug (report filed), because it is rather surprising, very unfriendly, and not documented anywhere that I can see.
I ran into the same thing recently and was rather surprised as well. I'm glad you posted about it, Bill, as I had forgotten to send a bug report!

-Dennis