The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

get-omnifocus.sh version 1.0 released Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard
Hope you don't mind that I've relocated it for you.
Not at all. I didn't know how.

Nicely done. This is quite useful, and it's actually astonishingly nicely readable Bash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrk View Post
Nicely done. This is quite useful, and it's actually astonishingly nicely readable Bash.
thanks. 10+ years of writing shell scripts has taught me that in 6 months when I go back to read the script I will have no idea how it works unless I leave a lot of breadcrumbs. If someone else can learn from it or spot mistakes, all the better.

Timothy,

It appears that the OF bundle format changed in the last couple of days. I tweaked the script by replacing these lines:

Code:
CURRENT_BUILD=`fgrep -A1 OZBuildRevision "$INSTALLED_APP/Contents/Info.plist" |\
tr -d '\012'|\
sed 's#.*<string>##g; s#</string>##g'`
with the following code that uses the Revision reported in the About box, which seems to match the web site:

Code:
CURRENT_BUILD=`egrep '^Revision' "$INSTALLED_APP/Contents/Resources/Versions.txt" |\
tr -d '\012'|\
sed 's#Revision: ##g'`
Disclaimer: This code is primarily for Timothy's benefit. Others may use it, but if you are shy about the shell I'd suggest just waiting for Timothy to update his script.

Curt

Last edited by curt.clifton; 2007-08-03 at 02:01 AM.. Reason: Fixed bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton View Post
Timothy,

It appears that the OF bundle format changed in the last couple of days.
How dare they change their product and mess up my hack :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton View Post
I tweaked the script by replacing these lines:

Disclaimer: This code is primarily for Timothy's benefit. Others may use it, but if you are shy about the shell I'd suggest just waiting for Timothy to update his script.
Script is thusly updated. Download URL is unchanged.

Thanks curt

I wrote a little ruby script do to nearly the same. I polished it a little bit, use at your own risk: http://siezi.de/deeplinks/misc/OmniFocusDownloader.zip

Well now they've changed the web page format which broke the script.

I unbroke it again.

http://tj.tntluoma.com/files/get-omnifocus.sh

Dated 2007-08-06

Very nice script indeed.
Once the script was made executable on my Mac, instead of moving it to ~/bin, I placed it in ~/Library/Script. This way it’s available right from the AppleScript menu in the Finder. The only thing is that I lose the feedback I was getting in the Terminal window (but the script works like a charm from the AppleScript menu :-) ).