The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Interesting dual mode restored settings usage? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Most, if not all, of my Perspectives are customized (only) for the mode they are opened to, i.e., I haven't made any permanent tweaks to the other context. OF provides the flexibility of using that approach, and also to have settings restored for the other mode. Any personal practices people want to share on the two methods? For example, I can have "Planning" and "To do" Perspectives that mean two windows (if I want both open simultaneously), or I can customize both modes and have a combined "Planning and To do" Perspective. That might be a poor example, though, since you may want to go immediately to one 'screen' for a particular purpose when opening a Perspective. I'm sure people have come up with some complimentary modes, though.

Here is how I just set up a dual-mode Perspective (this is probably totally obvious, but anyway): If I have a Perspective that I want to open in Planning mode, but want custom settings in Context mode, I customize things in Context Mode, "Save Window as New Perspective", enable "Always restore settings for other mode", switch to Planning Mode, customize, then "Take snapshot of Perspective <perspectiveName>". (The reason I customize Planning mode after Context, is because if I started with Planning, then did Context mode, took snapshot, the Perspective would open in Context mode, so I'm just saving an extra step.)

Bob