The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Visio VSD direct import Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've inherited a plethora of Visio binary "VSD" files. It would be awesome if OGP could read these, and import them directly.

I think you wanted the OmniGraffle forum here :)

OmniGraffle Pro can't open the Visio binary format, only the XML one. ConceptDraw has an online converter that's free to use, although I've heard that it's kind of slow.

I'm searching an information in web regarding Visio alternatives.
Since we do migrate on Macs in my company (which are good news), I must to accept the fact of new tool (which is not very easy for some people).
But looks like there are several good analogues. I've already tried Omnigraffle and Concept draw PRO and second looks ideal for me and my team, because there still will be several Windows users and Conceptdraw supports both Mac&PC, also because of very professional templates and free Visio convertor service in PRO.

This thread is out of date: OmniGraffle Pro has been able to open VSD files for over five years now.

My fault, Ken. Will need to check Omni again :)
Just have been using ConceptDraw last 5 years, because it supports both MAC & PC with same license.