The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Looking for Some Daily Perspectives Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Would anyone care to share their favorite Perspectives, the ones you find yourself leaving open for hours on your desktop?

Here's my situation. I'm a housewife and mom, with a small internet business, a couple of volunteer things, and a couple of serious hobbies. [And a sleep deficit :-) ] I need a Perspective I can keep open on my Desktop all the time that shows the things I need to get done now, and for the next few days. My current "Little To-Do List" isn't cutting it. [Context Mode, All contexts, group by Due Date, sort by Project, Due Soon (4 days) Actions, Any time, any flag.]

I have about a gazillion actions that can be started any time, but don't really have due dates ... nobody, even me, cares when I clean the radiators. But things like this have to get done eventually, so I need a way to get these onto my list. [Maybe a flag during a review?]

Other tasks have clear due dates, or I can assign an arbitrary due date (son's hair cut).

If I could make a Perspective based on multiple criteria, say display everything Due Soon OR everything flagged, I'd do that ... but the perspectives work as an exclusive AND. [Computer folk will understand.] I really don't want to go through flagging everything; I'm not into the weekly review habit yet.

So maybe by seeing what works for other people, I can adjust my basic perspective to show what I want it to.