The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Cancel Quick Entry? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I may have missed something, but I cannot get the command-period combo to cancel/close the Quick Entry dialog. The combo works normally elsewhere, so I don't think it's a system-specific issue.

I've set the option to use the Escape key in the prefs so I can use that instead - but command-period is such a Mac reflex action that I do keep forgetting.

Does anyone else see this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjn View Post
I may have missed something, but I cannot get the command-period combo to cancel/close the Quick Entry dialog. The combo works normally elsewhere, so I don't think it's a system-specific issue.

I've set the option to use the Escape key in the prefs so I can use that instead - but command-period is such a Mac reflex action that I do keep forgetting.

Does anyone else see this?
Yep. When they added the gear menu to QE they didn't change the mapping of Cmd-. (Cancel used to be the first button. Cmd-. still "presses" the first button, but that button is now the gear menu.)

Please report via Send Feedback so that it gets bumped in the bug database. Drives me bonkers too.

Curt

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton View Post
Yep. When they added the gear menu to QE they didn't change the mapping of Cmd-. (Cancel used to be the first button. Cmd-. still "presses" the first button, but that button is now the gear menu.)

Please report via Send Feedback so that it gets bumped in the bug database. Drives me bonkers too.
Thanks for confirming and explaining it, Curt. I've sent Feedback on it.

Steven

This should be fixed now. Thanks!