The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Date Parsing: Natural Language, Relative Date Options Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Sorry; yes, this is working properly.

Question on time entry: can I enter times in 24 hour mode?

My system is set to 24, but in many programs I can't enter 1630 for a time ... I'm forced to enter 4:30p. I would like to be able to use 24 hour time in OF.

And I'll test out the dates as soon as Object Meter is back off ... OF crawls so much when it is on that I do only the minimum work.

Eagerly awaiting the next batch of new features ...

--Liz

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizPf
Question on time entry: can I enter times in 24 hour mode?

My system is set to 24, but in many programs I can't enter 1630 for a time ... I'm forced to enter 4:30p. I would like to be able to use 24 hour time in OF.
I've had some trouble getting "true" 24 hour time to work, mainly since times like "2004" or "2007" look eerily similar to the years "2004" and "2007" respectively. You can currently however enter "16:30".

When you say your system is set to 24, does that mean that your times show up as "1630"? If so, it would be easy to allow people who have their times set to that configuration to default to taking numbers between 0 and 2400 as times, and numbers over 2400 as years.

Also, thanks to users who pointed out that "2007-05-04" is an ICO standard and will always be year-month-day when dashes are used, this will be updated in one of today's builds.

OF accepts "m" for "month" in the date fields but "m" is used for "minute" in the duration field.

I am an oddball that refers to dates by YYDDD, for instance, today is 07158. In OS X, you actually set up the system to refer to dates this way, and OF will display them correctly, but I cannot type them in that way. I have to specify the month in there. Bah, months. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberV
I am an oddball that refers to dates by YYDDD, for instance, today is 07158. In OS X, you actually set up the system to refer to dates this way, and OF will display them correctly, but I cannot type them in that way. I have to specify the month in there. Bah, months. :)
is your short and medium dates set to YYDDD?

if not, try setting your short date format to YYDDMM or something, just so that the order in the short date format is year-day-month.

Yeah, I've got short date set to YYDDD, that is how it always has been. I tried setting medium to YYDDD as well (normally I have that set to ISO), and nothing changed. It seems to convert whatever I type into some really bizarre date. 07177 comes out as 77158. So evidently the day '07' is coming through, as well as the year '77' (though backwards of course). Not sure how it is deriving this month out of the remaining '1'.

"today" defaults to 12MN (as do all the date calcs) but I was wondering if you should support "now" or "current" for a up-to-the-minute time/date stamp.

Jeffrey

Also do you think that if you enter a date calc such as

"t+2", the units should default to days, not hours?

(although it's certainly correct for simply typing in "+2" for 2 hours from now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane
"today" defaults to 12MN (as do all the date calcs) but I was wondering if you should support "now" or "current" for a up-to-the-minute time/date stamp.

Jeffrey
this will be added in a future release.