The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Creating fixed-length lines to draw plans Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Hi chaps,

This seems as if it should be simple, but I'm baffled. I'm using OmniGraffle Pro 5.2.3.

What I want to do: - I've measured out a plot land of irregular shape, and with irregular angles. I want to draw this shape to scale in Omnigraffle. I have the lengths of all the sides measured accurately.

What I am trying do: I'm drawing lines of the correct length in Omnigraffle. I them want to keep their lengths fixed as I change the angles to get them all joined up.

What I am finding: There is no obvious way to have the length of line displayed and keep it fixed as you drag one end-point about at different angles. Once lines are joined up, any indication as to length seems to disapear completely. Combined, this makes a simple task impossible.

Any tips? Anything I'm missing, before I revert to graph paper, pencil and ruler?