The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Bookmarks in Omniweb backup to .mac accounts? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flounder
question is how do we get the bookmarks off of .mac once they are on .mac
You can remove them manually. They are located in your Documents folder under OmniWeb 5.

-Troy

actually what I ment was that if I accidently delete my OW's bookmarks how would I get them from the iDisk to sync back to my browser

Well you could turn bookmark syncing off and then back on. It will prompt if you'd like to use the local bookmarks or remote ones. Choose the remote bookmarks and it should pull them down for you.

Could you get the same behavior if you select Bookmarks -> Synchronize Bookmarks Now?

I don't know what that would result in but it seems like it could replace your server bookmarks with that of the defaults or whatever is currently in the bookmarks.

I'm sorry, I might not understand OW's syncinng function very well. OW does not sync with .Mac the same way as Safari? Meaning it won't sync my bookmarks so that I can then login to .Mac on another computer and then access all of my bookmarks? OW's syncing just keeps the files in a folder on .Mac?

Is there hope of doing this in the future?

That's correct. OmniWeb creates a folder on your iDisk that it syncs to and stores your bookmark files. It doesn't use sync services or hook into the Safari bookmarks in any way. You can sync to this folder using multiple computers, keeping the bookmarks the same on each. You just can't log into the .mac web interface to see them.