The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

I Just Want To Say Thanks Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Guys and girls at Omni,

I just want to say thanks.

I've been using your product since I've bought it a few weeks ago and, quite frankly, it's awesome. Omniweb is one of the best programs I've ever bought. I was very skeptical at first, and I posted on the forum about my questions etc...

But seriously - I'm glad I bought it. I've been using it every day. It isn't perfect, but it's very close to everything I want. It's fast, easy, and it doesn't give me problems. I used to use Safari and I had bought Saft over a year ago, but Safari would slow down tremendously with the amount of news sites and articles I had running on it all the time. Plus, Workspaces is a dream come true. I have my blog workspace for just my blog management links, a general News workspace, various links workspaces...it's so organized. I'd love to see a default "open everything in a new tab, including pop-ups, but I usually do middle-click with a mouse so it's not a huge thing and I can wait on that. There isn't much I can say that I want to see changed really. Just a few things here and there.

For $30, you guys have seriously changed my browsing life. Consider me a very happy customer. :)

Just figured you might want to hear that from somebody who was dubious at first and, now, has become a user who can't live without it.

So, thank you. :)

B.

I have been an OmniWeb user for the last 4 years and even though I got frustrated with the lack of updates a few years ago, I am most happy with the current product. OmniWeb is more Apple like than the Apple browser. As far as critics of the $30 license fee: If I can get an excellent product for $30 or a mediocre one for free, I'll pay.

Thank you very much OmniGroup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiller
I agree completely!
Me too. OmniWeb is one of the major reasons for me to not switch to Windows :)

Omniweb... you complete me

While this thread is heaping on the praise, I just found a little extra something that made me smile about my OmniWeb.

I just wanted to move my tab bar to come out of the left side. So I moved the toolbar icon to the left side and noticed that the icon itself shows the tab bar coming out of the right. I thought "that will look a little awkward". BUT. When I went into the tab preferences to change the option for what side the tab bar comes out from, I noticed that the toolbar icon changed to match the side it comes out of.

Sorry for the long post, but I thought that was a very nice touch.

Tip: You can change the side for the drawer by Alt-clicking on the icon in the toolbar--no need to go to preferences.

:D
I had tried OmniWeb about a month ago, prior to the 5.5 release. First time ever. I really liked it, but Goggle Maps was a mess. I need the maps for business, so I stuck with Safari with Saft.

Saw the announcement for 5.5. Downloaded it. First thing I checked was Goggle Maps, PERFECT! Immediately paid my $30.

Can't believe how many features this puppy has now that I'm getting deeper into it's use. Fantastic product.

Workspaces - what a dream.

Thanks Omni.