The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Dynamic "Due Today" List Creation? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I typically start the day by listing all the things that needs to be done for the day (which isn't already captured on a previous list ).

I am looking for a way to start my day by focusing on just what is due today from previous entries AND a means to add new items to that list. I have read through the forum and haven't as yet found a solution to the due today list creation .... any ideas?

probably already suggested but what I do is create a perspective that focuses on items due and just collapse all except due today ... the way to add to it is to use " quick entry " and enter today as due date , then it will appear in your list when you return to it .

I dont show the "due today" in the due perspective mode .. how do i get that?

If you have items that are due today, it will create a smartgroup that says "Due Today" (along with Due in the Last Week, Due in the Next 3 Months, etc.)

I use the due date in an action and set it to today for items that are due today.
One tweak that may help this is to go into the preferences -> data section and change the default time for due dates to 23:30 (11:30 PM). When I find a task that is due today, I type tod in the field and the time will default to the end of the day.

I also use flags for items I want to focus on after I have completed the due items.