The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How to enter repeating actions in OF for iPhone? [SOLVED: See thread] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there a way to make an event repeating? I can't figure it out. Thanks!

Unfortunately, it is not currently possible to configure or even view the repeat parameters from the iPhone version of OmniFocus. I'm pretty sure they intend to remedy this, but it hasn't seen public release yet. Send in your feedback with the Send Feedback command or email to omnifocus-iphone@omnigroup.com to make sure they know it is important to you!

Thanks! I suspected that, but was looking for confirmation that the feature wasn't built yet.

It may well be built, and we just don't have it yet! When I was chatting with the gang at Macworld, a few of the Omni developers had quite a bit more functionality in "their" copies of OmniFocus than I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
It may well be built, and we just don't have it yet! When I was chatting with the gang at Macworld, a few of the Omni developers had quite a bit more functionality in "their" copies of OmniFocus than I did.
Oh, that would be wonderful! Tell us what you saw, will you? Repeating tasks, what else? Colored text for next actions? Immediate updating of lists after checking off a task (so that the next one in line, for sequential projects, would appear)? Or different things?

No specifics, I'm afraid -- I just remember commenting about some features that I was hoping to see, and hearing that something like that had already been implemented in one development tree or another. I didn't have an iPod or iPhone at the time, so I was asking about the desktop version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
No specifics, I'm afraid -- I just remember commenting about some features that I was hoping to see, and hearing that something like that had already been implemented in one development tree or another. I didn't have an iPod or iPhone at the time, so I was asking about the desktop version.
Thanks! Keeping my fingers crossed for a soon to be released update with added features like the ones mentioned...

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntlOrange View Post
Is there a way to make an event repeating? I can't figure it out. Thanks!
There is now! As of OmniFocus 1.5 you can now set up repeating actions under the Action Edit screen. Simply tap the "repeat" button to set the repeat interval.