The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Repeat every last monday (etc.) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I need to do some things every last monday of each month and also every first wednesday. I haven't found a way to do this in OF so I set the date manually and never check it off but reset it again manually after every completion. Unfortunately, I sometimes forget and check it off and then I get no reminder the next month.

This seems to be a common repeat pattern (every first, second, etc. day of week) so I'm surprised not to find this in OF which is marvelous in many other ways.

Does anyone know of a better workaround than mine? Maybe a script?

Thanks,

EllenH

I suspect we'll eventually get more powerful repeat options. Be sure to use Help → Send Feedback to add your request for this to the database. That will help it to happen sooner.

Until then, another approach might be to schedule those actions for the whole year. That is, create an action for your last Monday task. Make 12 duplicates of it (cmd-d). Edit the due dates to the last Monday of each of the next 12 months. Edit the start dates appropriately to avoid seeing all 12 actions at once. (A task won't show as available until the start date is reached. So if you need a one day reminder of the task, set the start dates to the day before the last Monday.)

This isn't nearly as convenient as having more powerful repeats built-in, but it does confine the fiddling to a single session. You could even set up an action to repeat once a year reminding you to set up the monthly actions.

(This could be scripted, but dealing with complicated repeat patterns in Applescript would be challenging.)

Curt

And set an action to make the next 12 around the time of the last one of the 12 you make. ;)