The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

not hot links Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is it possible to turn off hot links?

When I copy an email address from Omnioutliner for use elsewhere, the address is doubled and "mailto:" and some other symbols are added.

I would really like to be able to copy the text of the address with out the jiberish. As it works now, the address must be repaired before I can use it.

Thank you.

If you've pasted a hot link into your document as a link, select it, control-or-right click and choose Remove Link from the popup and you'll just have the text, no link. Or open the disclosure triangle on the link in the OO document and just copy the email address portion, not the mailto:.

I'm assuming here that you don't want to actually change the OO document so that you don't have a link there. If you don't want links in the OO document at all, there's an option in the General preferences that controls whether OO automatically creates attachments from typed URLs. Don't know of a convenient way to go through your document and uncreate all the links.