The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > iDisk/MobileMe/.Mac Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

MobileMe sync goes on forever, does nothing Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm having trouble with syncing over MobileMe on one particular user on one machine. It stalls out when it's checking for clients or syncing. The sync wheel turns endlessly until I quit. OmniFocus sync is working fine on the other computer and my iPhone. As far as I can tell, it works fine on this computer on another user. I've been having Keychain problems, but so far I haven't found a connection.

Where do I start with the troubleshooting?

For me, I was having this problem until I compacted the database... or smooshed the database as Omni calls it.

http://forums.omnigroup.com/showpost...87&postcount=1

That didn't seem to change anything. The sync is working spectacularly from all my other devices, but it's worthless on this machine.

New detail: The sync wheel has an exclamation mark in it. When clicked, it tells me "Operation cannot be completed. Too many files open."

Send email to the support ninjas, there was a case like this recently (see this thread) but I don't think we ever heard back whether it was solved or not.