The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OmniFocus v1.0.1 for iPhone is now available Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
My iPhone is still at 1.0 and there is no sign of a new version anywhere in iTunes Applications. What am I doing wrong?

Edited: Update: It does seem if you select "purchase", you can download the update. Strange way to get a free update.

Last edited by Tampico; 2008-07-22 at 04:32 AM..

I've got a notification on my iPhone saying "1" application update. I see OmniFocus, but when trying to download it says that I need to have the previous version for a free update, and invite me to click to pay for this program !
Same thing on the iTunes appStore, where I click purchase, and I get a warning saying my credit card will be used... uuuh.
Of cours, I do have OmniFocus in the apps on this computer, I did synchronisation before, etc.
Is it "normal" and should I click ?
It would have been a direct paiement with OmniGroup, I would have clicked right away, knowing that if there is any issue, it will be fixed easily. But i'm not sure with the Apple appstore...

Thanks.

Make sure that the Mac is authorized in iTunes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampico View Post
It does seem if you select "purchase", you can download the update. Strange way to get a free update.
Yes, it does seem strange, but the key thing to remember is that (so far as I have seen) the App Store does NOT re-charge you for the app, even though you have to click "Purchase" and give them your password again. Only after you've done that do you get a message about the update being free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
Make sure that the Mac is authorized in iTunes.
Thanks. I did authorize the Mac and it works fine.
Weird as it has already been authorized a few times, but it seems to forget this regularly...

Hi,

As suggested in the forum, I selected the "Purchase" option to get the update, although, unlike what a couple of others reported, I never saw anything to tell me that this is a free update. Looking at my bank statement, I see that Apple has done the standard $1 authorization that they do prior to making an actual charge, which is something that they have not done with free applications that I have "purchased" through the App Store.

Does anyone know what action can be taken if I am charged for this update?

Thanks.

According to an iTunes FAQ,

To report an accidental purchase:

Locate the item in your Purchase History
Click the "Report a Problem" link
Select "I inadvertently purchased this item" from the drop down menu
Enter notes explaining the situation in the Comments section
Our support agents will review your request and get back to you as quickly as possible.

I can concur on this one: I did re-authorise, and when I didn't see any Omnifocus update available through the updates button in iTunes, I proceeded with the 'purchase' option. I didn't get a 'this is a free update' message, but I did notice that the iTunes progress bar showed 'updating Omnifocus' rather than 'downloading'. If a charge appears I'll just proceed down the 'report a problem' route.

FYI My experience dealing with Apple on iTunes problems over the past couple of weeks has been pretty good, if a little slower than expected. Understandable given the amount of new processes just launched.

Andrew

It did come through as a purchase after all. I've reported it as per above with the original invoice number. My applications folder still shows a phantom '1' update available, but clicking for updates returns nothing and doesn't clear the account.

Just FYI, if it helps to troubleshoot.

I've noticed the latest release of the Mac version has crazy sync speeds (a few seconds vs. what was closer to minute). I'm wondering if a subsequent release of the iPhone version will have optimized sync code and benefit similarly or are we already seeing that on the iPhone.