The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Repeating tasks, only non zero delays allowed Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
There are some projects - like painting the Forth Bridge - that begin again as soon as they're complete.

I'm not a bridge painter but I do have a project like this.

But it seems that the minimum repeat time is an hour.

Is there any reason a repeat time of zero can't be allowed, obviously not for "repeat every" but certainly for "start after"?

You can set a start again time to 1 minute, and the new task will actually be created immediately after checking the current task as complete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Jones View Post
You can set a start again time to 1 minute, and the new task will actually be created immediately after checking the current task as complete.
Hmm, not on the iPad version (all I have with me).

The smallest unit is an hour and the smallest value is 1.

Did you manage to get that 1 minute by typing freeform text into the repeat time or are the selectable units smaller on the desktop and I just missed it?

Last edited by psidnell; 2011-05-11 at 01:36 AM..

There are smaller units on OmniFocus Mac, which is the forum you posted your question in! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Jones View Post
There are smaller units on OmniFocus Mac, which is the forum you posted your question in! ;)
Oops ;)

I'll try it on the Mac when I get home and see what happens when I sync one of these.

I just tried it myself and the iPad does retain the 1 minute start again time for the tasks that have the repeat set on the Mac.