The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Feature Request: Calendar View Detail in Forecast Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I think the iPad forecast view could be a lot more useful if it was more similar to the iPhone version. (Please see attached screenshots for comparison.) Specifically, more at-a-glance detail for the calendar items instead of just homogeneous blue bars.

I understand that not having any items due makes for an extreme case, but I still think that there's plenty of real estate on iPad to reserve for details of the calendar items.

Thanks for a great product!
Anthony
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	iPad Forecast.jpg
Views:	733
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	2268   Click image for larger version

Name:	iPhone Forecast.png
Views:	700
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	2269  

The calendar view can also show items with a start date on that day in addition to those due on that day, which makes it more likely that a list view like the iPhone has may be buried in part or in whole for a good portion of the day. The iPad implementation allows you to see at a glance where you have time in your day that is not already committed, and you never have to scroll to get there. When you want the details, just tap on the bar.

It would be great to have the possibility to show the daily Events like in the iPhone App.

I could see why someone may want to see the iPhone view, but I find the iPad view far easier and it only takes a tap to find out what it's showing.

We do have a feature request open on adding an option to show the calendar info more like the iPhone app does. I'll attach the relevant votes from this thread. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
When you want the details, just tap on the bar.
And tap, and tap again, and tap again...or am I missing how you get multiple items that are separated by blank times to all show at the same time?

Put me down as another vote for being the same as the iPhone - it's just so much superior to the iPad when wanting to see your day at a glance. At least have the option to have it the same as the iPhone. Obviously, best of both worlds would be to let the user choose between the two options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerplunk View Post
And tap, and tap again, and tap again...or am I missing how you get multiple items that are separated by blank times to all show at the same time?

Put me down as another vote for being the same as the iPhone - it's just so much superior to the iPad when wanting to see your day at a glance. At least have the option to have it the same as the iPhone. Obviously, best of both worlds would be to let the user choose between the two options.
You might not be missing any more than I'm missing why you would prefer a view that doesn't allow you to see both calendar overview and tasks simultaneously. You only get 5 or 6 tasks on the display as it is, so if you have multiple items on the calendar, forget about getting an at a glance view of items to be done today along with the time in your schedule not available for doing them! The iPad gives you that calendar skeleton in the space of 1 task, no matter how many calendar events there might be, and you get a visual indication of where you are in the day's events, which is completely missing from the iPhone. The iPhone wastes a bunch of space showing me calendar events that are now in the past!

If you really want to examine the calendar, a calendar app is still the best. Neither iPad nor iPhone Forecast views satisfy if there are more than a small number of calendar entries. I agree that if any changes are made, the type of view should be an option, so the user can pick their preferred poison...