The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Projects are stalled if they have an action with a future start date Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I came to the forums to see if the current behavior is considered a bug or a feature. I think the current behavior is a bug, and at best should be considered an configurable option. Here is my example.

I have a project to do my taxes. In the U.S. one can start working on taxes at or about the first of February, and they are due on April 15th. I started the project in February (gathering paperwork, purchasing the software, etc.) and I'm now at the final step -- "pay taxes." I don't want to do this until nearly the last minute since I owe money. I have a task to "pay taxes" that starts on April 10th, but the "do my taxes" project is considered "stalled."

The project isn't stalled; it is waiting for something. I suppose I could put the "pay taxes" into my general "waiting-for" category, but I'm not waiting for someone to do something for me -- I'm waiting for a particular date.

No one in the thread has said that they have submitted formal feedback to Omni Group. I'm going to do that after posting this reply.

I have to agree. If I have a next action with a future start date, then I consider it pending. I don't really want to see it on the "active" list until that start date. I have a similar problem with recurring projects. If I give them a start date, then the project lingers on my active list even when the next action has a future start date. Put simply, IMHO if the project has a next action AND the next action has a future start date, then the project is pending.

Am I missing something? Is there some combo of filters/sorts that accomlishes this?