The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Combined Inbox and Projects View? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Just yesterday, I was able to get a view of inbox and projects combined which was very useful since not all task are part of a project so that some of them just remain in the inbox.

How can I restore that view again?

Tango

Lots of ways. Here's one:

1. Project View
2. Click anywhere in the sidebar
3. Choose menu item Edit -> Deselect All

In general, the content pane on the right shows everything selected in the sidebar on the left, or everything if the sidebar has no selection.

Curt

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton
Lots of ways. Here's one:

1. Project View
2. Click anywhere in the sidebar
3. Choose menu item Edit -> Deselect All

In general, the content pane on the right shows everything selected in the sidebar on the left, or everything if the sidebar has no selection.
Thank you, you saved my day! :)

Tango

Quote:
not all task are part of a project so that some of them just remain in the inbox.
Sounds like SOMEone isn't following GTD very closely...

;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooce
Sounds like SOMEone isn't following GTD very closely...

;)
Well, where else should I save single tasks?

Tango

Getting the inbox to empty is a key GTD habit. You'll likely see huge benefits in piece of mind if you can develop the habit. (To each his own, of course. But I've found the discussions here useful in both understanding OmniFocus and getting better at doing GTD.)

There has been extensive discussion on the forums about how to handle single tasks. The two most common options are to create a Singletons Project set for parallel execution or to just assign them a Context and choose Edit -> Cleanup. A variant of the first option that I use is to put a separate Singletons project in each of my project folders. (I use project folders for each of my major life roles.)

Curt