The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Today List? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is it possible to have a "today list" view in Omnifocus for iPhone?

OmniFocus for Mac can create custom views of your database (called "Perspectives"); if you check the forum for that edition of the app, there are a couple of threads that show how to make a perspective like the one you're looking for.

Once you've got the perspective set up, you can go into OmniFocus for iPhone's settings screen and turn the Perspectives feature on. (Scroll to the bottom.) That feature adds a new top-level item to the app's home screen, and next time you sync your iPhone with the Mac, the Today view will appear there.

(If you don't have the Mac app, email our support ninjas and mention this thread in your email; I can lend a hand.)

I don't own the iphone (or desktop) app yet, I am considering buying it and it's nice to know that the Today List view is possible in both versions.

I think that we can only create perspectives on the Mac and then sync it to the iPhone. Unless I am missing something here? Or could it possibly be coming in a new version for iPhone/iPad?

At least you can download a demo of OmniFocus for Mac and tinker there. It did take me a while to figure out what I really wanted out a Today list. Everyone will have their own setting and idea of what their Today list will look like. So you'll definitely have to experiment there.

With that being said, I do like Things' version of a Today. Just drag and drop a task into Today and be done with it.

But OmniFocus' flexibility and power wins out in the end.

Yes, you have to create the perspective on the mac version and then sync to the other versions. It works very well, and on the iPad you have the option of having certain perspectives show on the first screen by starring them.

Brian

Do you think we can get a "today" perspective and an "everything with a date" perspective in the iphone app? I don't have a mac becuase the university I work for is windows. I like the way smart-time gives a list of all actions/events in date order.

TIA/gary

An upcoming release of OmniFocus for iPhone is going to add a version of Forecast view from the iPad app - it'll have a different layout, obviously, but it's going to show the same info...

Will you be able to finally create perspectives on the iPhone/iPad apps? Or even be able to show project perspectives?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
An upcoming release of OmniFocus for iPhone is going to add a version of Forecast view from the iPad app - it'll have a different layout, obviously, but it's going to show the same info...