The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

3 Priority Features for next version Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
1) URL AutoComplete Options : I've asked for this for well over 4 years. I need URL AutoComplete to act like Safari. The current system is PITA for me. Example If i type "applei" i want "appleinsider.com" as the first item to be selected from the list. I do NOT want it to be at the BOTTOM of a list of 500+
"forums.appleinsider.com" URL's. If i wanted "forums.appleinsider.com" id type "forums.a"

Firefox has an Addon "AutoComplete Manager" which has the useful options for sorting criteria. Can we not have something similar to this:

http://www.leogas.net/acmanager/acmanager-options.png

2) Offline Mode : iCab,IE, Firefox, Opera has this. If its in cache i want to view it when i have no network such as when Im on a plane.

3) Downloads : An option to have a resizable "status bar" in the main window for downloads to show files names, displaying progress bar and download rate of currently active downloads. It could be vertically resizable to display several lines if multiple downloads are active. The Stop, Stop/Remove from Disk/List, Pause/Resume commands could be assigned to a Key+Click operations, when downloads are complete and option for the status bar to return to its normal size.

This would in some situations make the separate "Downloads" window redundant and of course the download activity could be visible from any tab in a single window session rather than have the Downloads window partially obscured by the main window due to screen size limitations on Laptops.