The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View mode Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hey guys,

I am seeing the following view when I zoom out (1 month split into 3 sections, listed as random days of the week!) - see att. image.

The view I want to achieve is:

____________Jan____________
W1 W2 W3 W4
M-3th, T-4th, W-5th, etc

is this possible to achieve in omniplan?

Also, How can I easily scroll around the timeline, horizontally. Seems like the only way i can move around to see different project is to zoom in and out & then scroll, & repeat! Surely there is a 'hand' tool somewhere which allows me to scroll without zooming?

I'm not sure I completely understand your question about headers, but here is a pile of words that may help clarify.

1) OmniPlan doesn't currently have support for 3 layers of date headers.
2) If you set your project for "Month" scale, you may optionally turn on a "summary scale" that will display the quarter containing 3 months. That sounds like what you're seeing.
3) the format of the summary header can be customized under OmniPlan -> Preferences, "Display Preferences" tab.

You didn't attach an actual image, but it sounds like you want day scale with a summary (given that you can't have two summaries).

So play with customizing headers for the "Day" scale. Maybe:
Summary Header Format: (Month) — W(Week of)
Date Header Format: (Day of Week) — (Day of Month)

As for horizontally scrolling, hidden scrollbars in recent years have definitely made this tougher to pick up on, but shift-scrollwheel should get you back and forth. Alternatively, you can hold down the space bar and pan-scroll by click and drag in any direction, even diagonally.

-Tom