The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sync'ing and the new MobileMe calendar Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Fired up iCal this morning and got a message asking me if I wanted to upgrade to the new MobileMe calendar. I am using MobileMe to sync with iPad and iPhone versions of OF.

Is it safe to upgrade or will sync'ing be screwed up? Anyone know?

Regards,

Roger

Hi Roger,

If you change to MobileMe iCal beta, you will lose sync to ical. Sync between devices should still be OK. The new beta uses CalDav rather than SyncServices. I believe OG is aware of this and trying to address it, but there may be no definitive fix until MobileMe is out of beta.

Barry

Thanks, Barry.

I will leave things as they are for the time being the.

I don't use MobileMe anymore, so I may be wrong, but I have done a lot with WebDAV and CalDAV and MobileMe in the past...

My understanding is that OmniFocus uses WebDAV to sync both its own data and the iOS calendar. It does not use Sync Services on iOS.

MobileMe is used purely for WebDAV. When you tell your iOS device to subscribe to a calendar, it's subscribing to the calendar via HTTP, pointed at the WebDAV server. MobileMe doesn't really know or care that it's a calendar. It's just a file.

Your "official MobileMe" calendars are synced independently of OmniFocus.

The only feature of OmniFocus that could possibly be broken by a MobileMe change would the desktop iCal sync, configured under the iCal tab in OmniFocus Preferences.