The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Leveling of short duration tasks Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I tried to use OP to plan a rolled out web deployment and we had a large number of tasks that were each in the minute range. OP did no leveling of these tasks.

Any ideas what went wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgeipel View Post
I tried to use OP to plan a rolled out web deployment and we had a large number of tasks that were each in the minute range. OP did no leveling of these tasks.

Any ideas what went wrong?
Could you tell me what version of OmniPlan you're running and if possible, could you send in your project file to omniplan@omnigroup.com for us to take a look at it?

Without seeing how your project is set up, I'm thinking your tasks either don't have any resources assigned to them (leveling doesn't balance tasks that have no resources), or you have your project granularity set to something other than "exact scheduling" in the "Project : Information" inspector.

Version: 1.1.2 (v131.9)

I have resources assigned

Cant find anything in the docs about "exact scheduling"

File sent

Thanks!

"Exact scheduling" is the only option in 1.1.2. In 1.5 (which is in beta now), there's a new option to constrain scheduling to hour or day incrememnts.