The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Calendar functionality Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I think this script is the one that you're looking for. It moves selected actions to iCal as events.

Thanks for the link Brian. I had been using an earlier version that required changing the task to an event in iCal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
I think this script is the one that you're looking for. It moves selected actions to iCal as events.
Thanks for this link. Very useful scripts and a great help in my efforts to schedule.

With this script it seems better to add the date and time for the task in OF and then "post" it into ical. For a task that might need more than one time slot to complete I am creating a sub-task in OF so that the parent task stays in OF until the complete. This means some extra steps but worth it in some cases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Jones View Post
There is a script in the Extras forum that will do most of what you want-I believe it is 'tasks to iCal'. The script takes a selected task and creates a task in iCal. There is an additional step required in that you have to go to iCal and drag the task on to the calendar to change the task to an event. This solution works well for me for the times I need to create an event from OmniFocus.
You still have to drag the task. If I sync, it creates a to-do item. I need the item as an event in the ical calendar. So, I
1. sync to iCal,
2. go to iCal,
3. look in the to-do list.
4. Find the item I just synced.
5. Drag it into the calendar to the date I set in OF.
Surely there is a better way!

See the link in my previous post. The script it leads to does what you're looking for. :-)

Hey! thanks for the info that was really helpful.

I'm wondering if the OmniGroup has any plans to create an OmniCalendar and even (I'm dreaming!) an OmniEmail... it would be great to have everything somehow linked.