The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Where are check-off items saved? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
If I hit the "Projects" toolbar button, I get a pre-set perspective that does not include a "Completed" column. Which is how I like it.

When I go to a custom-made Perspective that does include a "Completed" column, the "Completed" column shows up. If I switch to any other custom-made Perspective that does not include that column, the column disappears. But if I switch from the view with the "Completed" column to the "Projects" toolbar button, the "Completed" column remains. If I switch to another Perspective without that column and then to the "Projects" toolbar button, there's no "Completed" column.

Is there some way I can program the "Projects" toolbar button to never show me a "Completed" column?

The Projects button isn't a perspective, which is where the settings about window size, column headings shown, etc. get stored. When you click on the Projects button, you're just getting the settings previously active in that window.

What you could do is make a perspective that shows you Project mode, with the default settings you like, including no Completed column, then save that as a perspective named Project, and install it in your toolbar instead of the built-in Project button. Do similarly with Contexts if you like.

Got it - thanks.