The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

July 14 status update Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Copy/pasting Ken's most recent status update (originally a comment on our blog) into a forum post so folks can find it more easily.

Without further ado...

Quote:
Whew! Busy day, sorry for posting so late in the evening…

After soliciting feedback from all our testers (internal and external), it looks like everyone is happy with the current state of app for 1.0 except for one last missing feature: drag-and-drop reordering of tasks. Fortunately, we’ve done a lot of that work for the iPhone app (which is one of the reasons it seems like the iPad app really should support it), though it’s complicated by all the new custom interface code for presenting tasks in an outline.

After working on drop-and-drop reordering through the afternoon and evening it looks like it’s about half-way done, so I’m hoping we’ll have that wrapped up tomorrow. At that point I think we’ll be ready to declare code freeze, give QA some time to test code that isn’t changing on them every 20 minutes, and once they’ve had a chance to do that we’ll be ready to submit to the App Store.

Would you like to be notified by email as soon as OmniFocus is in the App Store? We have a low-traffic OmniNews mailing list for just that sort of thing! If you’re interested, you can subscribe to the OmniNews list using this page.

But for those who prefer to follow along blow by blow, I’ll post another update tomorrow.

Thanks for the update guys! Can't wait to see what you've put together.

Awesome news. Glad you guys decided
to do it right instead of fast. I can't wait to use it.

Keep up the great work.

Thank you for providing an update, I love transparency regardless of the news! The fact that this is awesome news just makes it that much better :D

I cannot wait to get my hands on OF for iPad, it has quickly become something I live or die by at the office. Thank you for all the hard work!

Thanks for the update guys. I am really looking forward to this coming out and I am sure your hard work will be reflected in the final product.

It is really interesting to hear the fun and games you have been having getting this out of the door!

Thanks!!! Love you guys!!!

Great news that the iPad version is nearing my device!

I have been watching the Blog via the RSS Feed and the announcement that started this thread never appeared ..... is the blog updating correctly?

Peter R Hawkes

Amazing. I'll wait longer for drag and drop. Can't wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterRHawkes View Post
Great news that the iPad version is nearing my device!

I have been watching the Blog via the RSS Feed and the announcement that started this thread never appeared ..... is the blog updating correctly?

Peter R Hawkes
Ken's July 14 announcement was posted in the comments of an older blog post. The RSS feed only updates for new blog posts, not for comments on existing ones.

Curt

The updates are great, thanks!

Any chance we could get another status report for the end of the week?!

Thanks!
Mark