The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

keeping the Tab drawer closed Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
hi.

I'm using OW 5.5 on a 640x480 iBook (OS X 10.4.7) where screen space is a premium.

how can I stop OW from opening the Tab drawer, for example whenever I create a new tab. I know how to use command-up/down so I don't need to see the Tab drawer most of the time and it's a hassle to have to manually close it every time OW opens it.

any hidden Terminal prefs?

regards,
Gregory

Quote:
I'm using OW 5.5 on a 640x480 iBook
Ouch...

I don't think we have any prefs for not opening the tab drawer automatically--the full list (possibly a bit out of date) is here.

You can close the drawer with Command-Alt-T if that is easier...

I would normally suggest dragging the tab drawer down to it's minimum width but at 640px wide even that would still be a pain.

I suggest you have a look at this: Megazoomer. It's a Finder plugin that allow you to run any Cocoa application full-screen. In case of omniweb, it hides the tabs outside the screen area. You can switch between full-screen and normal view via a hot-key. I've been running this application for a few months now without any problems (Macbook & Macbook Pro)