The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Previews for webpages Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
my addiction to cooliris previews prevents omniweb from being my main browser. in firefox (and other browsers) cooliris previews is an add-on where everytime you hover the pointer over a link a little blue dot appears next to it. Move the pointer over to the dot and a temporary pop-up of that webpage appears. move the pointer away from the preview screen and the pop-up disappears-no clicking necessary.

I'd love to see a similar feature on omniweb. generating pop-ups on command, without clicking, rather than creating tabs, is indespensible when using search engines, online shopping, and browsing forums. it's especially helpful when using a desktop computer where the keyboard and mouse combo to create tabs is painful - on laptops tab creation is more convenient, obviously, but omniweb's side tabs are not (due to the smaller screen).

while I work my way towards a mouse-free existence on the desktop, a preview function would be wonderful. I want omniweb to be my main browser, but without a preview feature, i'm suck using rediculously unstable firefox. help!

This would be a sweet feature for version 6 - a Quick Look plugin for the web page links (Leopard only I'd assume though), where you'd hover over the link and press the spacebar to get a "Quick Look" at it. I wonder if it is in the Leopard development releases for looking a plain html files within the Finder. I'm going to submit via email feedback (Help>Send Feedback) make sure you do the same.