The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Occasional repeating of auto-update Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
In the early days of automatic update, it often took several update cycles to advance from the installed OmniFocus to the latest release. After several iterations of the auto-update technique, the process settled down to a single update to the latest release.

During recent weeks, I've occasionally had to repeat an auto-update. It just happened again. OmniFocus 96776, while running in the background, spontaneously announced a new release. When OmniFocus launched after the update, it announced I'm running 96792 (4:14 am today) and offered to update to 96797 (12:06 pm today).

Since it's about an hour after the timestamp of the latest release, it's possible the OmniFocus team uploaded a new release in the 1- to 2-minute window between my initiating the first update and the actual installation.

[submitted as formal feedback]