The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sidebar resizing Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi

When I resize the sidebar, it will remember the setting for the Contexts, Due and Flagged views. As soon as I click the Projects view, it resizes to really narrow again. If I then go back to any of the other views, it stays really narrow and I have to resize it again.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Paul

I've have similar issues when resizing various columns like Context and Date in that when I restart OF it appears to forget how I set them. It's def. annoying.

If you're using perspectives, it's likely that switching to one of the perspectives is resetting the sidebar width.

I have this problem as well, I believe it's the restore->layout checkbox that controls this. Problem is, layout in perspectives also controls OTHER things that I want to be restored, so it's really annoying.

I wish there were a way to have a LEAVE MY SIDEBAR WIDTH ALONE setting in the perspectives, but I don't think there is. If there's a trivial way to do this without affecting other layout options I'd be stoked to hear it.

Hi

I have a solution to this now. Set the width as you want it and change anything else you want to change permanently. Now click Perspectives>Save window as. You can then either give your a view a name (thereby retaining the defaults) or click whichever window you're in (it will probably have a check next to its name). This is what I did and it seems to be working well.

Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulrgmusic View Post
Hi

I have a solution to this now. Set the width as you want it and change anything else you want to change permanently. Now click Perspectives>Save window as. You can then either give your a view a name (thereby retaining the defaults) or click whichever window you're in (it will probably have a check next to its name). This is what I did and it seems to be working well.

Paul
The problem is, you have to set the sidebar to the exact same width for each perspective or it will keep moving around for each. If it was only one errant perspective that's OK but for me I have 10 perspectives and the sidebar is a few pixels different for each of them. Bleah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatOne View Post
If you're using perspectives, it's likely that switching to one of the perspectives is resetting the sidebar width.

I have this problem as well, I believe it's the restore->layout checkbox that controls this. Problem is, layout in perspectives also controls OTHER things that I want to be restored, so it's really annoying.

I wish there were a way to have a LEAVE MY SIDEBAR WIDTH ALONE setting in the perspectives, but I don't think there is. If there's a trivial way to do this without affecting other layout options I'd be stoked to hear it.
Thanks, this solved my issue with saving the resizing of windows as well.

Is there a way to set the sidebar width so that when you go to another perspective and come back, the previous width of the side bar goes back to the way you had set it?

Fermey, I moved your post to an existing thread that contains the info you're looking for. Hope this helps!