The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Calendar alarms Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm having an issue with calendar alarms on my iPad and iPhone. When I set a due date and time for an action a notification comes up on the date and time the item is due. Which if fine but I'd like to see the notification before the action is due. So in the Calendar Alarms setting I changed this and selected "30 minutes before" the action due time. For some reason though this is not respected and the notification still comes up at the time the action was set for.

Am I missing something? A few months ago the notifications were working properly but recently they are not anymore.

If you are using the calendar notifications scheme, you need to do a sync before the calendar file gets updated. It also might require opening the calendar app so it can reload the reminders data if you want it updated right away, rather than waiting however long before it next fetches the data.

I figured it out. I am using the calendar scheme I guess because I have the Calendar Integration turned on in settings. However, I also had the Show Alerts turned on under the Due Reminders settings. Apparently these conflict with each other and the local notification supersedes iOS calendar alarm.

After turning off the Show Alerts, I am now receiving notifications prior to the due time consistent with the Calendar Integration setting of "X minutes before" the due time.