The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

I want my money back! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I am sorry, but I am having some really disturbing problems with OmniWeb 5.5.4 (v607.17). I bought it two weeks ago (as version 5.5.3) and I should say that I am not impressed with its speed and the amount of time it takes to load well known, fast Web Sites, such as Digg.com and Slashdot. I tested this against FireFox 2.0.1. I have Excite as my home page for over 8 years now and that is my starting point to a lot of my favourite links. I have Excite as my starting page on both OmniWeb and FireFox. I click on a link to Digg and wait, and wait, and wait... Then I launch FireFox and click on the same link and have Digg open instantly! :mad: The BIG difference is that FF did not cost me a penny! And it works as I expect. My Internet connection is nothing to sneeze at either: I have a 5 mbps DSL connection. I don't undestan why OW takes soooo long to load a Site when it should really be as fast or FASTER than FF. I use it on my MacBook Pro, 2.16 GHz, 2 GB-RAM. Not a slow machine by any means... Even now, as I preview this post it is glacially slow...

For that reason, please, I want my money back. It was very easy for me to purchase OW, so I am assuming it should be equally easy for you guys to credit my money back to my credit card. Thanks. Maybe some other time, when this is resolved.