The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 4 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sidebar display Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
In building my teaching outline for a class that meets 30 times, I use OO to organize the classes. I can move class sessions up/down as needed and the auto numbering keeps the class numbers sorted.
I use the prefix of "Class #" for my level 1 rows and then set the outlining to use 1,2,3 etc.
In OO3, the sidebar looks this this:
Little paper icon--"Class #1"--Text from first line of outline item.
Little paper icon--"Class #2"--Text from first line of outline item.
and so on for over 30 classes.

In OO4, it's missing the "Class #1". Thus:
Little paper icon--Text from first line of outline item.
Little paper icon--Text from first line of outline item.

This makes is hard to keep track of when things are happening in the semester.
Is there a way to restore the "Class #1, 2, 3" etc. back into the sidebar? Is there a setting I'm missing?

Thanks, Scott

That's a bug we'll be fixing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekM View Post
Any idea when? It's kind of important to my current projects.

Thanks, Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekM View Post
Thread bump...

Any news on fixing this bug? I'm in planning mode for next semester and having the sidebar labels work would be really handy.

Thanks, Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
Thread bump...

Any news on fixing this bug? I'm in planning mode for next semester and having the sidebar labels work would be really handy.

Thanks, Scott
?
Happy New Year to all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
We're tentatively planning to update the sidebar to support row numbering (and prefixes and suffixes) soon after 4.0 ships. Sorry, I know this affects the usability of the sidebar for some outlines (including those based on our built-in Book Draft template)—but not so much that it seemed delaying the upgrade to v4 for all customers. (Those who are strongly affected by this will still be able to use v3, of course, until the issue is fixed in a v4 update.)