The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

How about a general state of the union address on OF at this point in time? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Ethan is working on several screencasts which should be ready "soon". Ken was working on a state-of-the-focus mail to send to all the signed up alpha users; presumably it'll be on the forums too.

Hi,
I'd like to add that looking into the OF-Help-file (a bit too obscure under "Details" ) now has a lot of useful basics.

Rolf

I was able to purchase without any problems using Safari.

Last edited by wealthychef; 2007-11-16 at 05:52 PM.. Reason: I found the documentation I desired and so changed my entire message

Ken, now that was direct and to the point. I even prepurchased my family pack with the added discount of OO3 FP discount on top!

Nice move!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wood View Post
Ethan is working on several screencasts which should be ready "soon". Ken was working on a state-of-the-focus mail to send to all the signed up alpha users; presumably it'll be on the forums too.
Have I missed it?

The first one is out on the OmniFocus page in both High-Def and iPhone formats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wood View Post
The first one is out on the OmniFocus page in both High-Def and iPhone formats.
Is there any timeline on the next videos?

In my opinion, the videos are less interesting than a complete set of documentation would be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wealthychef View Post
In my opinion, the videos are less interesting than a complete set of documentation would be.
A quickie set of alpha (not polished) video's built around specific tasks would be a HUGE help to me. I'm trying to get my head around how OF is supposed to work (particularly with mail app...) something just to point new users and kinkless folks in the right direction.

I can't afford the time to reverse engineer forum posts to get a general understanding of some example OF workflows. I'd love to get in on the Pre-sale... but I' not far enough along the OF learning curve to really benefit from OF. I'm about ready to fall back to index cards.

Please.... just slam three quick videos together on working with iCal, mail.app etc... Just quick overviews so I know what direction to head in, the basics of how we are to use the tools. I can figure out the details in the forums, but not the big picture.

Don't try and deliver polished & detailed screencasts on a Alpha product. You don't have to post the screencasts on the marketing pages. Just links from a "sticky" forum post will do the trick.

THANKS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
A quickie set of alpha (not polished) video's built around specific tasks would be a HUGE help to me. I'm trying to get my head around how OF is supposed to work (particularly with mail app...) something just to point new users ... in the right direction.

I can't afford the time to reverse engineer forum posts to get a general understanding of some example OF workflows.
I agree there are certain features that are less discoverable than others:
(and while I mean you can click on them and figure out what they do, it may not be as obvious how to use that as an advantage in workflow)
- iCal sync
- Perspectives
- The Focus button
- The View filter
- How to do Reviews
- Mail integration
- Singletons
- On Hold (How to handle Waiting for)
- Setting Default contexts
- Parallel vs Sequential