The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Repeating events don't behave correctly when checked off Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have a repeating event to repeat every two weeks. When checked off on my iphone, it just reappears exactly as before, scheduled for the same day instead of two weeks from now. Anyone else seeing this behavior?

I wanted to write something about that as well, but wanted to investigate a little deeper first.

I also have a problem with recurring actions. I'm not sure if it's the same as yours, but in the last weeks (I have one status report every wednesday), I checked the action on the iPhone, but after synching it was still active on my iMac, then I checked it there again and every thursday morning, I have the new event (one week later) twice on my iPhone.

But as soon, as I can dive a little deeper into that, I will mail the details in (and maybe put something in here as well). But tonight, my wife has a higher priority and tomorrow, I'm afraid, work will have that. So maybe on frifay night.

boris: We think we know why that's happening, and we're working on it. But please send details if you have them.

wealthychef: could you please detail the repeat settings for your action?
does it have a due date? a start date? is it set to repeat from the completion or the assigned date?

I am having a similar problem. I have a reoccuring daily action to take a pill. It is set to start at 1:00am and due at 6:00pm. Every day I check it off and many days it stays, reappears. The most annoying thing is some mornings when I check my main page for what to do. It will not show as almost due (within 24 hours for me) even though it should be there. If I fiddle with OF looking at projects to see if I can find what happened to it, and then it will appear.

I do not yet see/ undestanding what is trigger. If I figure out more I will pass it along.

I'm having a similar problem. I have probably 10 or 20 daily repetitive tasks. Every single one is set to the following on OF desktop:

Start: [a date, usually this is today's date, or an older date if I haven't done it in awhile--i.e., the day after the last time I did it (probably)]
Due: [blank]
Repeat: every 1 day
Repeat From: Completion Date

These all worked like a dream until iPhone OF (and sync) came along. Before iPhone OF (which I love, btw), I'd do as many tasks as possible every day (5-15 or 16), and the next day, the list would have refreshed. No dupes. Nothing missing. Same list of daily todos every day. Perfect. I could do as many or as few as I wanted, and every day I'd get the same list. That's the beauty of the "Repeat from: Completion Date" feature. (Thank you, OG.)

Now, with the iPhone, here's what seems to be happening:

If I'm using OF on my iPhone for my daily todos, what often happens (can't pinpoint why, as of yet) is that when I check off something, it strikes through on the iPhone, and later that day disappears, and likewise on OF Desktop it disappears, too (this is all as it should be). HOWEVER, when the next day comes along, I now have a duplicate of that particular task (which is very much NOT how it should be).

Now I'll give you some examples, showing what's different between each set of dupes--that is, in the Inspector detail for the task(s):

Task#1, Iteration #1

Added: August 1, 2008 7:30 AM
Changed: August 1, 2008 7:30 AM

Task#1, Iteration #2 (dupe)

Added: August 1, 2008 8:45 AM
Changed: August 1, 2008 8:45 AM

Task#2, Iteration #1

Task#2, Iteration #2 (dupe)

Added: August 1, 2008 8:45 AM
Changed: August 1, 2008 8:45 AM

Task#3, Iteration #1

Added: Jul 31, 2008 8:42 PM
Changed: August 1, 2008 8:46 AM

Task#3, Iteration #2 (dupe)

The start date is usually the same in the dupe (which is why I've omitted documentation of that field in the above), but not always.

I'll be emailing this detail to support, btw.

Email sent to support. Also, I'm running the latest versions of everything: OF on desktop (sneaky peak), OF on iPhone, latest Leopard.

Yeah, santra, we know about this issue and are working on a fix. There's a few things you can do to help reduce how often this happens while you're waiting for a fix: http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=9164