The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Loving the latest (only?) Sparkle Peek! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I would like to know how to get my sparkles back? :-(

It was hacked in very quickly for the April Fool's sneakypeek, and as folks have noticed, the code isn't as polished as we usually want to see. (It only works on the primary screen of a multi-monitor setup, for instance.)

We've definitely noticed how strongly folks are responding to it, so we'll keep this in mind as we work on future versions of the app. We're not going to ship with it in place, though.

For the time being, folks are welcome to use the sparkle peak build until it stops running in a few weeks. You can get it here.

Brian, it appears that the Sparkle Peek build has been removed from the Sneaky Peek page, unless it is in disguise.

Yes bring it back as an option...My boss and I were just talking about how GTD should be fun and not too sanitary (otherwise we don't use it). I told her about the sparkle and she said I should email you and tell you to get it back (pink sparkles if possible).
We own other GTD's and CRM's and the fun factor and nice UI of OF keeps us coming back. Until the others catch on that work can be fun too..and still be seriously feature rich...we are here to stay!

I was quite disappointed when I checked off a task in the latest version.

So let me also chime in here: I love sparkle and I hate it that I had to upgrade my sneaky peek version to one without sparkle.

Life is about the small rewards, and most people like glitter. If you now only could also bring glamour into OF as well, then it would be close to perfect :-)

Please add one to the count of supporters for sparkle.

I've said it before in other threads - some of the other apps out there are fun to use, and add the element of fun. I've created all kinds of Filemaker databases in my time and I've always made them look cool and give you rewards. It really does make a difference and should not be overlooked.

I'm not obsessed with the sparkles per se, but I do agree that it's nice to have positive feedback when completing a task. Sort of a Pavlovian reward for doing your work—The Hit List does this with a subtle sound and it's quite gratifying.

Anyone know if this can be turned on through the terminal? Or if it is still around?

Something like it may appear at some point in the future, but the code isn't in the app anymore.

Just bumping this thread to keep it on people's radar. I'd love to see this feature added back into OmniFocus... :)