The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

I want my money back! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpcabral
In the future, I suggest you keep your smart replies to yourself. That does not help me and I am sick and tired of useless replies like these. Adios!
Mine was a serious reply, one which I hope you will listen to so that you do not "waste" money on software in future.

Seriously, always try out a demo first before you buy.

And as everyone has said, moaning here wont get you any money back. You need to contact OmniGroup.

All relevant contact information can be found at: http://www.omnigroup.com/company/

Thanks to all who replied and I am sorry I was too rough around the edges on my posts here. That was just out of pure frustration with that borwser. I have already contacted the Omni Group and received an e-mail from a machine, with a promise that an actual human being was going to look into my issue and reply to me shortly, although they did not define what "shortly" means.

Thanks again.

sales@omnigroup.com

You might want to try contacting the sales arm directly.

FWIW, I don't use digg (or /. any more) but it is quite conceivable that this is not typical behaviour for the browser. The rendering engine is WebKit so it should be just as fast as Safari (however, the version of WebKit that OmniWeb is currently based upon is a later version than that in the official Safari release - it is possible that a regression is causing slower page loading, or it is the JS garbage collection bug that is known about).

Quote:
I just had no idea where to start. I thought the discussion groups would be a starting point. Obviously, the people around here, like to think that if you don't do what they know it is right, then you must be stupid! Sorry I have offended your intelligence by reporting my problem and asking the question. I will not do that again, ever, since I will be unistalling this idiotic piece of software as soon as I finish this post.
I am neither offended nor do I think that anyone is "stupid" for posting an honest inquiry. Seems like the original tone of your message was that forum members should be helping you to get your money back. Thus my reply. Advice offered was well intended, I believe.

Hope you can get OmniWeb working properly because it's very decent browser.

bazokajoe_2k summed it up pretty well, but I'll add a couple things.

1. If you're looking for a refund as your thread title states, the forum users can't give you that. I don't have access to Omni's ecom system any more than you do.

2. If you are looking for help with OW, it's not the best idea to title your thread "I want my money back'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest
bazokajoe_2k summed it up pretty well, but I'll add a couple things.

1. If you're looking for a refund as your thread title states, the forum users can't give you that. I don't have access to Omni's ecom system any more than you do.

2. If you are looking for help with OW, it's not the best idea to title your thread "I want my money back'
I thought I already had axplained why I came to this forum with my issue, i.e. I had no idea where to start. Also, I thought I had already apologised for my frustrated (and perhaps raspy) behaviour around here, but it seems like some people just won't let it go...

Nonetheless, I am no longer interested in OW and BTW, why shouldn't I, or anybody else for that matter, start a thread by saying "I want my money back"? What is this? Some kind of OW zealots' group that no longer can accept the fact that some people might not actually like what the Omini Group sells? I came here as a dissatisfied customer. I made a mistake, it is quite obvious for me now and, for that, I have already apologised.

Having said that, I don't really care what you guys think of me or of Canadians in general, like a fellow countryman made the point of saying in this thread that "not all Canadians share the same attitude" or something like that. This is called "freedom of expression" and I can start a thread any way I damn well want!

Really, I mean, as far as I am concerned, this whole OmniWeb crappy browser issue is water under the bridge. I am done and over with it. Lesson learned: I will NEVER, EVER AGAIN, buy software from some startup company based on false advertising. Enough said. And I will not come back and check for any replies to this either. So, go wild and bash me for all I care!

Hi-

I'm sorry we haven't responded sooner. This was a 3 day weekend for us and our main OmniWeb support guy is out of the office so we're still playing catchup. I have just responded to your email and your refund will be process today. I apologize for the frustration you've experienced.

Quote:
Lesson learned: I will NEVER, EVER AGAIN, buy software from some startup company based on false advertising. Enough said. And I will not come back and check for any replies to this either. So, go wild and bash me for all I care!
<sarcasm>Wow, I never realized Omnigroup was a startup company! :) Guess we're all dupes, too, to fall for their false advertising schemes.</sarcasm>

Quote:
Originally Posted by daiyi666@yahoo.com
<sarcasm>Wow, I never realized Omnigroup was a startup company! :) Guess we're all dupes, too, to fall for their false advertising schemes.</sarcasm>
Yep.

Btw, if you guys see Wil anytime soon, tell him it's a crime to have a car like that and not wash it. And I would think he has more sense than to shop at Magnolia.

Wow! Love this thread.

:p