The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

I want my money back! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpcabral
Really, I mean, as far as I am concerned, this whole OmniWeb crappy browser issue is water under the bridge. I am done and over with it. Lesson learned: I will NEVER, EVER AGAIN, buy software from some startup company based on false advertising. Enough said. And I will not come back and check for any replies to this either. So, go wild and bash me for all I care!
Don't forget that patience might pay off here. After all, OW5.6 is on its way, and your upgrade is free.

That said, I'm using Safari often these days (as I am now) because OW uses up too much CPU. Nevertheless, I want to support this browser because its success benefits me.

I used to be one of the people who was regularly filing bug reports for Firefox, Mozilla, etc., back when it was a piece of crap, unstable browser. Well, lo and behold what became of Firefox. So, don't think this is all for naught. Be patient. Just as we successfully pushed Microsoft out of the Mac browser market, we will probably force all the other browsers to improve, as well.

Omnigroup is not a startup. It's a small company, and if it weren't for small companies and free projects like Firefox, ALL you would have would be crappy software. Supporting Omnigroup is really a matter of putting your money where your mouth is.

Hmmm. so Omniweb is a known issue? How does it compare to Safari and Camino?

I just would like to report that my money has been refunded by the OmniGroup as promised. Thank you very much and perhaps I will buy it again when it becomes a better product...:o

Good for you. After all, it was a _lot_ of hard earned bucks in the balance for you there. Personally I hope you will cease flaming small forums like this one, when you're not satifisfied with whatever you choose to spend your money on in the future.

:)

Quote:
I just would like to report that my money has been refunded by the OmniGroup as promised.
My experience has been that OMNI consistently delivers more than it promises.

Peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheski
My experience has been that OMNI consistently delivers more than it promises.

Peter
Ditto (typing extra text so that the message is at least 10 characters long) :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stashie
Good for you. After all, it was a _lot_ of hard earned bucks in the balance for you there. Personally I hope you will cease flaming small forums like this one, when you're not satifisfied with whatever you choose to spend your money on in the future.

:)
Yes, it was hard earned and I don't care how much it was, it was MY money and NONE of your business what I do with it. Got that?

And, I did not flame your poor little forum with my post... I have the right to be unsatisfied with any purchase I make and express myself accordingly.

Enough of this crap!

Quote:
Yes, it was hard earned and I don't care how much it was, it was MY money and NONE of your business what I do with it. Got that?
Um, no. You made it our business too when you posted here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mija
Hmmm. so Omniweb is a known issue? How does it compare to Safari and Camino?
Omniweb is vastly superior to both in features. It is also undergoing fairly heavy development, so it comes with all the baggage that development carries with it. OW 5.6, which I REALLY hope will be out soon, should the most severe bugs fixed.

Based on features alone, OW is by far the best browser for the Mac. Safari and Camino don't really compare. In fact, OW sports a more recent release of Apple's webkit, so it's a more advanced browser in every way.

P

Quote:
snip...snip... Enough said. And I will not come back and check for any replies to this either. So, go wild and bash me for all I care!
Not a man of his word, I guess....;)

Peter