The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pages with Movies Freeze, Huff Post & Others [Fixed by OS 10.6.2 update] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am getting a lockup and spinning pizza of death whenever I try to load many of the Huffington Post pages that include a movie, even with spoofing set to Safari. This happens with Seattle P-I and The Guardian Online too, not just Huffington Post. It seems to have started last week. I have to force quit and restart Omni Web every time, then back out of that page quick before it starts to load and causes another freeze.

I am getting the same behavior on both 5.10.1 and the most current 5.10.2 sneaky peek.

Any ideas?

thanks!
Bill Glude

Hi,

Just updated to OSX 10.6.2, saw in the release notes that it fixes some web plugin problems, and indeed it does! Movies now play just fine in OmniWeb. The problem must have been in the webkit somewhere.

Bill