The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Actions disappear from my desktop when I sync Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm just getting started, so perhaps I'm just not understanding something, but OF has started doing this very strange behavior.

I created a few projects and actions on the desktop app, syncing them to the iPhone, and things were going along fine ... when most of them disappeared, ne'er to be seen again ... except on the iPhone, where they have survived just fine.

When I sync, actions I have created disappear from the desktop app --- but must still exist in the database because I see them when I sync the iPhone app!

There is one project of two actions which survives syncing, created on the desktop. When I create items on the iPhone, they survive syncing, but do not appear on the desktop.

Dig this impossible screen, which includes my one surviving project:

(Dig my typo; I meant "Fix OmniFocus," which is what I'm doing now.)

How is it possible that I have an inbox action that belongs to a project which does not appear in the library?

When I sync'd, that inbox action disappeared! But it does appear on my iPhone.

Any help, folks?

Are you intentionally looking at a focused window, which only shows a subset of your database? I'm guessing the answer might be to that question might be "no". To remove the focus, do View->Show All Projects. You can get a focused window by a number of different routes, including double-clicking on an action, and it is a very useful feature, but perplexing if you don't realize it! See "focus" in the OmniFocus help for more details.