The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Project perspective oddness with due dates Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am trying to set up a project perspective that shows my tasks by project by due date. My filter is set up as such:

Project Filter: Active
Grouping: Due
Sorting: Name
Availability: Remaining
Time: Any

The odd thing is I get stuff showing up in "Due Today" that has a due date set for three days from now. The project the tasks belong to doesnt have a due date but it does have a start date set from a couple days back.

My due soon setting is 2 days.

Any ideas?

I have a similar context perspective that shows things as I expect so not sure what is going on.

Thanks,

Jason

When you are in project mode, the sorting and grouping is by project, not by action, unlike context mode. Everything matching the view from a project is put in the earliest group that matches.

Here's an example which may illustrate what happens:

The earliest item due in test project 2 was due a month ago, so the whole project is put in the "Due within the last month" group. Beware of this with parallel projects!

For comparison, here's what happens in context mode:

(Sorry, I forgot to switch back to the standard theme before taking snapshots!)

whpalmer: thanks for the explanation. makes sense of a sort. I understand how it works....just not sure I agree with their choices but thats OK ;)

Also looks similar to the theme i was using (similar to The Hit List look).