The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Cmd-Up Arrow with Tabs Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Call it a trifle, but with other browsers, I've become quite used to hitting Command-Up Arrow (or Down Arrow) to go quickly to the top (or bottom) of webpages, particularly long ones.

In OmniWeb, this works as it would in any other browser when no other tabs are in use, but when they are it obviously switches between tabs instead of navigating within the current page.

Is there any way to disable this, or re-map the shortcut to work as I want it to (i.e., go to the top/bottom of current page) ?

OmniWeb obeys the Keyboard & Mouse>Keyboard shortcuts settings in System Preferences so you can re-map the keys to something else there (for OmniWeb only). Note, the shortcuts for next and previous tab are listed under the Window menu, so you will be able to see if the changes you make take effect by viewing that menu.

Fwiw, the home and end buttons on your keyboard will do what you want if you decide you don't want to re-map the keys.

Edit: I should have said, you can re-map the shortcuts so that you need to use different combos to move between tabs, but I don't think there is any way to then re-assign command-up/down to home and end.

Thanks for the help, it worked perfectly. By remapping the Next and Previous Tab key shortcuts, I guess OW had no choice but to revert to having cmd-up and down go to the top and bottom of the pages.