The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

rendering issues @ Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
It would be helpful if you could be more specific. For me the site seems to load without problem — there are design problems in terms of areas overlaying each other which presumably shouldn't, but which are there in OW, Safari, Firefox and Opera, so that's not an OW issue but a site coding issue — otherwise, apart from the Java taking an age to download, the four browsers present an identical view of the site.
As in your posting in another thread, I would guess it's an issue on your set-up, not an OW issue.

Thanks for the reply. Sorry for not checking the other browsers I tend to use only one and having just paid to use the browser though I may raise what I thought was a valid issue. My mistake.

As for my post regarding the slowness of the omniweb 5.7 beta browser as opposed to Safari and Omniweb 5.6. Could you please be more specific at to what setup issues may be relevant

Thanks Again

From what I read in the Guardian Technology section yesterday, Abbey.com tell you to "upgrade" from Safari and Firefox to Netscape - the morons who coded the site evidently do not have a clue. Even spoofing as a worse browser (IE for Windows or Netscape) doesn't help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by downthebeach View Post
As for my post regarding the slowness of the omniweb 5.7 beta browser as opposed to Safari and Omniweb 5.6. Could you please be more specific at to what setup issues may be relevant

Thanks Again
Are your internet plug-ins up to date (Flash Player, Adobe Reader PDF plug-in if you use it, etc.)?

Try flushing the caches (under the OmniWeb menu) and clearing History (bottom of the History menu). Delete the HistoryIndex.ox.xxx files from the ~/Library/Application Support/OmniWeb 5 folder.

Try setting aside the entire OmniWeb 5 folder in ~/Library/Application Support and starting from scratch.